Wednesday, November 09, 2005

To be 12...

In approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes, a bunch of 12-year-olds will be here at the radio station on a field trip. They will be reading and possibly editing liners. Hopefully I'll have enough to keep them occupied...

My last experience with 12-year-olds wasn't all that great. I went with a few BCMers a couple weeks ago on a revival team type thing to this small church for a youth night deal. Those kids, mostly girls (and by "mostly" I mean "all but one"), had absolutely no desire to engage in conversation with me. It was like pulling teeth. This one girl would give me one or two word answers whenever I asked questions. I ended up just talking with the chaperones, which turned out to be quite pleasant.

Apparently these 12-year-olds are pumped to come here, so hopefully I won't have any problems.

No comments: