Monday, August 29, 2005

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, the weekend… a time for rest… or not. I’m glad that I got to see family (the in-laws and my parents, too!) but the whole getting up early thing doesn’t work all that well for me. Saturday we got up at 5:00 AM (central time) after going to bed sometime between 11:00 PM and midnight, I think. That’s 5:00 in the morning. Actually, I’d say that’s pre-morning since the sun wasn’t up yet. True, I did sleep for a couple hours in the car, but car sleep and bed sleep don’t result in the same kind of rest. Saturday night was another late night (I think I finally got to sleep sometime around 1:00 AM) and then Chase woke me up around 8:00 (eastern time) or so in the morning to get ready for the reunion. When we left to come back to Carbondale around 3:00 (eastern time) I got some more car rest while we were on the road before Chase woke me up to drive the rest of the way. We then had a meeting at the BCM and were there until 11:30 or so (central time) that night, and I had to get up for work this morning.

Having a lack of rest messes with my world. I couldn’t exercise this morning since I was too tired (took me about a half hour just to get out of bed), and since I couldn’t exercise like my body was just getting used to doing, I felt even more tired. Now that I have a lack of sleep headache and a sore back from all the travel, it’s making things just that much more difficult at work. Newsletters are here and being (loudly) stapled and I have some editing to do that will require some concentration… both things that don’t mix well with the sleepy headache.

I know that Philippians 2:14 says to do everything without complaining, but the more tired I get, the less that filter in my brain works. I do know that even though I feel pretty cruddy right now, those people at the Superdome in New Orleans have it worse…

No comments: