Tuesday, May 24, 2011

39 Weeks and Still Pregnant

This is the longest I've ever been pregnant: 39 weeks and 2 days. Yeah, I know I'm not to my due date yet and now I have much sympathy for those ladies who have to go past their due dates!

There's a huge difference between 38 & 39 weeks: much less mobility, much more back pain, far more difficulty getting comfortable, a lot more night waking, having to pee way more, etc. I keep getting fake labor, too. I'll have contractions every 5-10 minutes for a half hour or so and then they just fizzle out. Actually, on Sunday I had them every 8-10 minutes for two hours, but I wanted to eat dinner before going to the hospital (they don't let you eat once you check in, ya know!) and by the time dinner was over, they'd fizzled out. Since the beginning of this pregnancy Baby Girl has been full of drama!

I do have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon. I'm the last one of the day. I'm hoping he'll tell me my baby exit has made more progress (I was 3 cm & 80% last week) and offer to send me up to labor & delivery and just break my water. I'm starting to get paranoid that by the time I'm having consistent contractions or that my water breaks we won't make it in time! In the past my contractions didn't really hurt until my water broke. And there are occasions that a woman's water doesn't break until her baby is coming out...

1 comment:

Keli B. said...

i definitely feel ya. weeks 39-41 with nella were absolutely the worst. i'm guessing you won't make it to 40 weeks, though, so you won't have to know the misery of watching the due date pass you by when you're still preggers.