Monday, August 30, 2010

Rough but Fun Couple of Weeks

It's been a rough couple weeks but also a fun couple weeks. It's been rough because I've had to monitor Simon's temperature since his seizure which means making sure his night waking isn't because of a fever. He's been fever-free for a week and a half now, so I can rest a little easier... when the boys let me rest! We've got to get back into the swing of sleeping through the night. Simon had gotten used to getting up overnight and that makes for tired parents. I'm pretty sure he's over the getting up because he's used to getting up routine, but now Simon's problem is kicking his covers off and fussing til someone comes in and covers him back up. So we've got to work on that. Oh, and Jonas the one-year-old is getting teeth. I suspect the dreaded molars. We've all gotten to sleep through the night twice these past two weeks...

The last couple weeks have been fun because we had Jonas' first birthday party! There were friends and family and cake! The boys and I also took a trip to a children's museum with friends and we also went to a sensory activity playdate where the kids all got to play in shaving foam (but not Jonas since he'd eat it), water, paper shreds and much more.

Daddy, Mommy, Birthday Boy & CAKE!

Simon helps Jonas with the smash cake

My parents with the boys

Playing in sand at the children's museum

Jonas liked the skeleton

Simon escaped from a hungry, hungry hippo

Me with my boys at the museum

Jonas playing in paper shreds at the sensory playdate
[photo by Joanna]

I also took Jonas' one year pictures. He's mighty cute. He even took his first step during the photo shoot! Here are some favorites if you think you can handle them:

Sweet, sweet Jonas

The first step captured!

My favorite pic!

We don't have much planned for the upcoming weeks. We plan on having weekly picnics in the park (weather permitting) and will hopefully be spending more time outside!

1 comment:

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

I have to say, the paper shreds pic is my fave. But Jonas is adorable in them all!