Friday, October 29, 2010

A Post Not Entirely About Poop

My dear blog followers, I must inform you that by my estimation, there will be at least three more years of poop posts on here. So if that makes you roll your eyes in disgust, check back in three years and there just might be a new subject matter on here... but I make no guarantees!

Now that you're informed, I'll give an update on the kiddos...

Simon, as you know, is potty training. He's starting to get the hang of it! I knew he was able and ready, just unwilling until I found the right motivator. He's pooped in his potty several times now and has gotten M&Ms, stickers, matchbox cars and most recently, Cars undies! He loves his new undies. He's been doing some Kumon maze, tracing and cutting books and loves to draw pictures of bats, spiders, pumpkins and ghosts. If we pass a house with Halloween decorations, he'll exclaim, "It's HA-WO-WEEN!" He's super pumped about going trick-or-treating and talks about knocking on doors and saying, "trick-or-TREAT!" Simon's starting to try to refuse his afternoon nap, but I don't think he's ready to give it up quite yet... or maybe I'm not ready for him to give it up quite yet. Hopefully I can at least keep him napping until I'm into my second trimester...

Jonas is quite silly and is the snuggliest person I've ever met. He loves to snuggle and sleep with my and Chase's dirty shirts. If I try to put one in the laundry, he'll find another in our room. He must have one of Mommy's and one of Daddy's in his crib as well as a blankie. Sometimes he just walks around the house snuggling them, too. Jonas wants everyone who comes into our home to pick him up... immediately! He's a big Daddy's boy right now and freaks out if Chase walks out the door or goes into the bathroom. He still climbs on everything and now has quite the vocabulary. He says: Mama, Mommy, Dada, Daddy, Papa (Grampa/Papaw), heeeyyyyy, bye-bye, baby, (and bye-bye baby to babies), dis (this), dat (dat), wuz dat? (what's that?), who's dat? (who's that?), skisy (squishy), e'wo (hello), pat pat pat bas'off! (pat pat pat blastoff! from Little Einsteins), down, more, tan'kew (thank you), stop (don't think he knows what that means), poop, boo, get out, no & ball (his favorite). He signs: ball, more, eat, thank you, bird, stop, baby, shoes, no & car (and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting). One thing Jonas enjoys doing is rearranging; he moves picture frames and hides the remote. This guy still takes two naps a day. He also likes to go in time-out after Simon is finished serving his time...

We're thinking Baby #3 is a girl (won't really know 'til January) and Chase & I may have even decided on a name! Woo hoo! Girls' names are really difficult for us. As usual, we'll keep this name a secret until she's born. I've felt sicker this pregnancy but thankfully haven't thrown-up. I don't have any cravings, but usually I get food aversions (with Simon it was peanuts and with Jonas it was eggs). So far I haven't found my food aversion this time, but mouthwash tastes absolutely terrible! One thing that's different this time is for the most part is that food tastes way better than usual! Hopefully that doesn't cause me to gain 80 pounds!

We've got a Halloween party to go to tonight, so I'll have a post with pictures of our awesome costumes coming soon. Here's a hint about the boys' costumes: they're different characters from the same movie and are mostly black & white striped... (If I've already told you what they are, please refrain from commenting about it!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alisha, I know this will sound strange, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'd love you hear about how YOU are doing. You are an awesome homemaker, a mom of three now (Wow!), the wife of a man in full-time ministry, a creative soul, a church planter, and a lover of Jesus. You have so many different perspectives on this world, and I'd love to hear about how you're doing. I have a lot to learn from you about what it means to be a wife, mom, friend, and love Jesus through all of it. So, what I'm asking is, can you please give me an update on you soon? I love hearing updates on the boys (and hopefully baby girl) but I still want to know how my friend is doing. :)