Thursday, October 21, 2010

More Potty Talk

As I mentioned last time, I'm super motivated desperate to get Simon potty trained (the whole having three in diapers thing is super unappealing). Today, I changed my strategy a little...

After a few days of TV deprivation and missed pooportunities* and after hearing what some friends and relatives have done, I decided we'd camp out on or around the potty and read books, eat snacks and watch TV until the boy poops, by golly! We even skipped Simon's nap because as soon as I put a Pull-up on his bottom for nap he's bound to fill it with poo. Besides, he's not exerting that much energy being a TV zombie anyway.

Watching TV, snacking & waiting for a poop

So far, no poop... BUT he's peed TWICE on the potty ALL BY HIMSELF with no prompting or help from me! The first time, I heard the sound of pee hitting what I thought was the floor, gasped then saw him standing up and peeing into his little potty, then he turned around and watched some more TV. He's very excited about this accomplishment, and so am I! I'm sure it helps that he's naked from the waist down today, too...

Now, I'm not making him sit on the potty the whole time. Every once in a while I'll tell him to sit and try to poop, but mostly he just sits or stands near it and reclines on the ottoman.

Hopefully we'll get a poop soon, but I'll take the pee pee progress over nothing! I'm starting to see a light at the end of the potty training tunnel!


*poop opportunities, I thought my made-up word was fitting!

No comments: