Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Silver Lining

I'm sick of being sick. Crazy sinus pressure, sore throat, back and chest aches, and the normal sick feelings. I went to the doctor today and was told that I must have some virus and if I'm still sick next week that means it turned into a bacterial infection that will need to be treated with antibiotics. Bleh. At least I'm not puking or having any other digestive-type problems (with the exception of the usual lactose intolerance).

Something good has come of all of this, though. While Chase & I were out at Kroger's getting more Advil Cold & Sinus and things to eat for dinner and such, we found some lactose-free ice cream! It's made with soy milk or something. While it does not really taste like real ice cream, it is close enough and counts for a decent substitute. I got the equivalent of cookies-n-cream. It sure did make my throat feel better.

Fun fact: When you see ice cream ads, on TV or print media, you're not actually seeing ice cream since it melts too quickly under the hot lights. What is used instead is mashed potatoes with food coloring.


No comments: